Pages

7 Dec 2012

Describe and Draw (language and art)

Describing the picture is a common language teaching activity. To make it more challenging and fun I provide my students with abstract and surreal pictures. So it is not enough for them to say: "I can see a man in the picture", if the image is deformed, twisted and resembles many different things.

One student describes the picture and the other draws it.
As the pictures are far from being realistic, students have a great fun with it. It rises their level of curiosity. What is important, it can be adapted for the language as well as artistic skills.

You can use e.g. Salvador Dali's pictures. I use the pictures which I found in the collection of poems by Aleksandra Wojtkiewicz titled Landrynki (Sweets).







No comments:

Post a Comment